Shop & Establishment registration is a basic registration required to be obtained by every shop or establishment which is issued/granted under shop & establishment act by the department of labour of the state government. Certain relevant queries in connection with the same have been dealt below in the form of an FAQ:
Shop & Establishment Registration is applicable to every organization irrespective of scale of operation including retail and wholesale shop, commercial establishment, offices, store room, godown or warehouse, residential hotels, restaurants, theater or place of public entertainment etc.
This act is not applicable to factories (as they are governed under factories Act, 1948) and to any establishment for whom government has declared as exempted by a notification in the official gazette.
3. Can an organization who is engaged in the business of trading apply for Shop & Establishment Registration?
No, the benefits of Shop & Establishment registration are restricted to ‘Manufacturing’ and ‘service’ unit only.
- Photograph of the shop or establishment at the entrance with sign board both in English language as well as vernacular language.
- Any registration certificate of an organization such as Certification of Incorporation/Partnership Deed/GST Registration Certificate/Trade License.
- Rent agreement and any utility bill of the registered office address of the organization.
- PAN card of the organization and all the Directors/Partners/Proprietor.
- Bank statement (with Current transactions) of the organization along with 1 cancelled cheque.
- Digital Signature of the applicant/authorized signatory.
- Head office and branch office details
- Type of business activity
- Nature of business
- Total employee strength
- Employees’ basic details such as Aadhar number, name, father’s name, DOB, address as per Aadhar card.
- Employees’ Salary details (break up of salary with respect to basic salary and other details including holiday lists)
The process of obtaining Shop & Establishment Registration varies from State to State, e.g., in Odisha it can take anywhere between 12 to 15 working days, subject to submission of correct information and complete documentation.
The broad process of obtaining Shop & Establishment Registration involves following steps:
- STEP 1: Provision of requisite mentioned documents/information to us
- STEP 2: Validating the documents/ information and processing the same
- STEP 3: Filing of application and submission of the same in online/offline manner, as the case may be
- STEP 4: Payment of appropriate government fee as applicable
- STEP 5: Processing of the application and issuance of registration certificate
Legal Terminus can help you with obtaining Shop & Establishment registration for your organization, as and when required, in a hassle-free manner within a reasonable time span and for competitive professional fee. To know more, please book a telephonic appointment with one of our consultants free of charge.
* Terms & Conditions
1) The fee mentioned above does not include govt. fee applicable, if any, which shall be payable over and above the fee mentioned
2) The Professional Fees & Govt Fees, if any, varies from state to state, kindly contact our executive, we shall be happy to provide you a best quotation as per your requirement