In the process of obtaining TM registration, the Trademark Department may issue one or more objections to the proprietor/ owner of the Trademark. Usually, these objections are in connection with the general nature of the TM and/ or similarity in characteristics of the TM applied for with an existing TM. Certain relevant queries in connection with the same have been dealt with below.
The Examination Report are of two types
- With objections: The Examination Report contains the objections on which the mark can be refused.
- Without objections: The Examination Report does not contain any objections, and can be construed as an acceptance of the TM application by the TM department.
The grounds of objections can be broadly classified into three categories
- Absolute Grounds of Refusal
- Relative grounds of Refusal
- Other Grounds of Refusal
There is no time specified for issuance of examination report.However, in general, the examination report is issued by TM department within 30 to 60 days from the application of Trademark.
In such case, the proprietor/ owner of the TM will need to file a reply to the objections raised by the department. While there is no specific format prescribed for reply of examination report, however, it requires specialized drafting skills and expert legal knowledge to respond to such objections.
The reply to objections raised through examination report need to be responded within 30 days from the date of their receipt.
The applied trademark is liable to be refused and abandoned.
7. How Legal Terminus can help you with filing of reply of examination report of your applied Trademark?
Legal Terminus can help you with filing reply of examination report for your organization, as and when required, in a hassle-free manner within a reasonable time span and for competitive professional fee. To know more, please book a telephonic appointment with one of our consultants free of charge.
* Terms & Conditions
1) In case the above plan does not qualify your requirements, kindly contact our executive, we shall be happy to customise a plan for you
2) Please note that the above fee does not include the govt fee of Rs. 900/-, which shall be applicable in case the TM application is not filed by Legal Terminus