Legal Terminus can help you with obtaining Labour License for your organization, as and when required, in a hassle-free manner within a reasonable time span and for competitive professional fee which starts from Rs. 11,999/- + Applicable Government Fees
One of our executives will contact you soon.
Frequently asked questions about labour license
Labour License is governed under Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970. Every contractor executing any contract work by engaging 20 or more contract labourers has to obtain a licence under the Act. The local District Labour Officers have been declared as Licensing Officers who will grant licenses to the contractors. The object of the Act is to regulate the employment of contract Labour in certain establishments and provide for its abolition in certain circumstances and for matters connected therewith. Certain relevant queries in connection with the same have been dealt with below in the form of an FAQ::
It is applicable to every establishment (Principal Employer) in which 20 or more workmen are employed or were employed on any day of the preceding 12 months as contract Labour. It is also applicable to every contractor who employs or who employed on any day of the preceding twelve months 20 or more workmen.
- In the case of an office or the department of government or the local authority - the head thereof or the specified person
- In the case of a factory -the owner or occupier or the person named as manager thereof.
- In the case of other establishments - the person responsible for the supervision and control of the establishment, is the principal employer under the Act
Contractor is a person who employs/supplies Labour to the principal employer.
A license granted shall be valid for a period of 1 year.
The renewal of license can be applied 30 days before the date of expiry.
- Any registration certificate of an organization such as Certification of Incorporation/Partnership Deed/GST Registration Certificate/Trade License.
- Rent agreement and any utility bill of the registered office address of the organization.
- PAN card of the organization and all the Directors/Partners/Proprietor.
- Bank statement (with Current transactions) of the organization along with 1 cancelled cheque.
- Digital Signature of the applicant/authorised signatory.
- Total employee strength
- Employees' basic details such as Aadhar number, name, father's name, DOB, address as per Aadhar card
- Employees' Salary details (break up of salary with respect to basic salary and other details including holiday lists)
- Form V from Principal Employer
- Work Order from Principal Employer
The Registering officer shall issue the License within 30 working days of the receipt of application, if the application is complete in all respect.
The broad process of obtaining Labour License involves following steps:
- STEP 1: Provide the above-mentioned documents/information of your organization to one of our consultants.
- STEP 2: Our consultant will process the above documents/ information and validate the same.
- STEP 3: The application for Trade License shall be filled online or offline as the case may be.
- STEP 4: The application shall be submitted with required attachments.
- STEP 5: The department shall process the application and issue a registration certificate
Legal Terminus can help you with obtaining Labour License for your organization, as and when required, in a hassle-free manner within a reasonable time span and for competitive professional fee. To know more, please book a telephonic appointment with one of our consultants free of charge.
Terms & Conditions
1) The fee mentioned above does not include govt. fee applicable, if any, which shall be payable over and above the fee mentioned
2) The Professional Fees & Govt Fees, if any, varies from state to state, kindly contact our executive, we shall be happy to provide you the best quotation as per your requirement