Every Organization on fulfillment of certain criteria is required to get itself registered under GST. Once an Organization is registered under GST it has to comply with the provisions of the GST Act. Further, in case a registered organization doesn’t comply with the filing provisions of the GST Act, then serious consequences shall apply to such organisation. Certain relevant queries in connection with the same have been dealt below in the form of an FAQ:
Once an organization is registered, the liability/responsibility to file returns vested automatically with the organization. Accordingly it has to file monthly return from the very next month in which it is registered.
- The non-filing of GST return shall attract a penalty of Rs. 200 per day and maximum of Rs. 5,000/- for each return
- The non-filing might cause the cancelation of the GST registration.
- In case an organization doesn’t file GST return for consecutive period of 2 months, the government might restrict such organization to generate e-way bill.
- The irregular filing adversely affects an organization in loan syndication.
- GSTR 1 – filing of invoice details on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- GSTR 3B – filing of monthly summary of outward and inward supply of goods or services and payment of due GST.
- GSTR 9 – filing of annual return which contains summary analysis of the outward and inward supply of goods or services.
- GSTR 1 – In case of monthly return the due date is 10th of next month and in case of quarterly return the due date is last date of subsequent month of every quarter.
- GSTR 3B –the due date is 20th of next month.
- GSTR 9 – the due date is within 6 months from the end of relevant financial year.
The due date of payment of GST dues shall be 20th of the every next month.
The government has specified various rates on every category of supply of goods and services such as 5%, 12%, 18%, 28% and 40%. The organization has to identify the relevant rate according to the goods and services supplied.
- E-portal login id & password
- GST registration certificate
- Digital Signature Certificate
- Details of sales, purchases and expenses.
- Detailed summary of sale invoices
The broad process of filing GST return involves following steps:
- STEP 1: Provision of requisite mentioned documents/information to us
- STEP 2: Validating the documents/ information and processing the same.
- STEP 3: Filing of return and submission of the same in online/offline manner, as the case may be
- STEP 4: Payment of appropriate government fee as applicable
- STEP 5: Submission of return within due date
The process of submission of GST return can take anywhere between 1 to 2 working days, subject to submission of correct information and complete documentation.
Legal Terminus can help you with filing of GST return for your organization, within due date, in a hassle-free manner within a reasonable time span and for competitive professional fee. To know more, please book a telephonic appointment with one of our consultants free of charge.
* Terms & Conditions
1) In case the above plan does not qualify your requirements, kindly contact our executive, we shall be happy to customise a plan for you
2) The GST amount payable to the govt. shall be directly paid by the client