Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) is an enhanced version of the Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS) which was launched in 2012 for the issuance of pan-India FSSAI Licenses and Registration. It is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. This authority monitors the food business operators in India and promotes food hygiene and safety in India. Certain relevant queries in connection with the same have been dealt with below in the form of an FAQ:
- Basic license (applicable for small FBOs) – It is applicable for those FBOs whose annual turnover is not more than 12 lacs, such as petty retailers, temporary stall holders, hawkers, very small-scale industries dealing in food business.
- State license (applicable for medium FBOs) – It is applicable for following FBOs
- whose annual turnover exceed/likely to exceeds rupees 12 lac but does not exceed 20 crores,
- hotels with 3-star rating and above,
- Dairies with a capacity of up to 50 thousand liter per day.
- Central license (applicable for large FBOs) - It is applicable for following FBOs
- Whose annual turnover exceeds 20 crores
- FBOs engaged in import and export.
- Address Proof (preferably Electricity Bill) of premise(s) from where the business to be carried on in Odisha
- Copy of PAN &Registration certificate of the organisation
- Copy of MOA & AOA, in case of a Company
- Proof of possession of premises (Rental Agreement/ Utility Bill)
- Copy of PAN of all the Directors/partners/proprietor
- Copy of Address proof of all the Directors/partners/proprietor
- Bank details & Bank Statement of the organisation of last 2 Months (from which it operates)
- PAN, photo & Address proof of the person authorized to represent at the Food License Department
- Authorization letter for the above
- List of food products manufactured or processed or stored.
- Food safety management system undertaking
- Signed and Completed Form-B
- Physical Health Certificate for all the employees from a practicing Doctor
- Email id & Mobile number
- Water Testing Certificate (in case of manufacturer and restaurant owners, not applicable for traders/marketers)
- Trade License (Mandatory in case the address of the business falls under the jurisdiction of any municipality)
- NOC from sarpanch (Mandatory in case the address of the business does not fall under the jurisdiction of any municipality)
- STEP 1: Provide the above-mentioned documents/information of your organization to one of our consultants.
- STEP 2: Our consultant will process the above documents/ information and validate the same.
- STEP 3: The application for Trade License shall be filled online or offline as the case may be.
- STEP 4: The application shall be submitted with required attachments.
- STEP 5: The department shall process the application and issue a registration certificate
* Terms & Conditions
1) In case the above plan does not qualify your requirements, kindly contact our executive, we shall be happy to customise a plan for you
2) Please note that the elemental plan is applicable for very small food business operators whose Annual Turnover is less than Rs. 12,00,000/-