EPF is an Indian social security scheme and is regulated by the Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act (“ACT”), 1952. All ‘covered establishments’, as defined under the said legislation, are obligated to contribute the prescribed percentage of employees’ salaries towards this scheme. The matching contribution is deducted from the salary of the employees concerned. This scheme allows employees to save a considerable sum of money until their retirement through small monthly contributions by both employee and employer. Every organization registered under EPF is required to comply with the filing provisions under the Act. Certain relevant queries in connection with the same have been dealt with below in the form of an FAQ:
2. What are some basic/ key categories of return an organization is required to file under such Act.?
- EPF Form 2 (Declaration and nomination the EPF beneficiaries)The employee has to file a declaration and nomination via EPF Form 2 so as to avail the benefit provided under this scheme, in case of unfortunate death of the employee.
- EPF Form 5(Return of employees qualifying for membership of EPF) is an essential part for companies registered under the Employees Provident Fund Scheme. All new employees are expected to join the EPFO Scheme which is in place in their organisation and form 5 is a report offering details of all new employees who join the Provident Fund Scheme in a particular month.
- EPF Form 10 it is a monthly return where the organisation has to file the details of the employee who have ceased to be part of the scheme.
- ECR(Electronic Challan cum Return) It is a monthly return to be submitted electronically by the organization via e-portal. Once the ECR is submitted and approved, it is converted into a challan which the employer is obligated to pay online.
- E-portal login id & password
- Digital Signature Certificate
- Details of the employees enrolled into or ceased to be employee of the organization during a particular month.
- Details of the salary paid in during a particular month including the details of EPF deducted.
- STEP 1: Provision of requisite mentioned documents/information to us
- STEP 2: Validating the documents/ information and processing the same.
- STEP 3: Filing of return and submission of the same in online/offline manner, as the case may be
- STEP 4: Payment of appropriate government fee as applicable
- STEP 5: Submission of return within due date
* Terms & Conditions
In case the above plan does not qualify your requirements, kindly contact our executive, we shall be happy to customise a plan for you